Reeva Steenkamp, Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius’s girlfriend was allegedly shot to death. This is not long because Steenkamp and Oscar Pistorius just started dating in the last year when they were at the South Africa Sports Awards. Here are the 10 things you might not know about Reeva Steenkamp!
Reeva Steenkamp Crime scene photos
1. Reeva Steenkamp was born in Cape Town on Aug 19, 1983. Her family moved to Port Elizabeth when she was a kid.
2. Reeva’s father, Barry is a famous horse trainer and has been related to the Amos brothers, the famous South African trainers.
3. Reeva Steenkamp earned a Bachelor of Law degree in 2005 from the Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University. In 2011 she even applied for the bar exam with a dream to become a legal advocate after 30 years old.
She described herself as a law graduate and child of God
“She was a vibrant, friendly, diligent, and motivated student who was popular with and respected by staff and peers alike,” , Greg Stokell, St. Dominic’s Priory school headmaster
4. She was known as a talented athlete herself and good at hockey and swimming.
5. Reeva Steenkamp, as a well known model, has worked for big names such as FHM, Toyota, Clover and Zui. She ranked No. 45 of FHM’s annual 100 Sexiest women in 2012. Women Reeva was also named as the the first face of Avon South Africa. She also had a role in the reality show.
Reeva Steenkamp talks excitedly about reality show video
6. Having a background in TV presenting, she was once the live roaming presenter for FashionTV in South Africa
7. Reeva’s hobbies include cars and cooking. She loves reading books when she was free and spent a lot time with her friends and family.
Reeva Steenkamp with her friends and her favorite cars
8. When Reeve was at school, she fell in love with a guy who turned out to be a gay.
“At varsity I had the biggest crush on a guy in my class. He turned out to be gay and now he is one of my best friends.” – Reeva Steenkamp
9. There were no fights happened when Reeva Steenkamp was dating her ex boyfriend Warren. She didn’t fight with her friends either.
10. Reeve revealed to heat magazine that “respects and admires” Pistorius and feared the negative publicity harmed his career. She once shared a photo on twitter with a quote on the photo saying “good girls love bad boys”.
Jasmine Pilchard Gosnell was Paul Walker’s Girlfriend (photos, videos)
11. Reeva Steenkamp talked about what she thought about Valentine’s day
“I’ve realized that although Valentine’s Day can be a cheesy money-making stint to most people, it’s a day of expressing love across the world. It doesn’t have to only be between lovers, but by telling a friend that you care, or even an old person that they are still appreciated.”
12. Reeva Planned to give Oscar Pistorius a Valentine’s Day Surprise just 21 hours before her death. Which she mentioned in her twitter.
“We haven’t been talking to the media because I don’t want to get it tainted,” “I don’t want anything coming in the way of his career. He’s such an amazing athlete.”
“He certainly doesn’t need more followers but he’s beautiful to look at & says some smart stuff too ;)” – she tweeted on 1 Feb
13. Reeva Steenkamp wanted to work as a classic model rather than shooting bikini photos.
“I’m trying to work on my modelling career and remove myself from the whole FHMstigma,” “I want to be seen as a classic model.”
14. She actively fought against sexual Abuse
Days before Reeva’s death, she mentioned a girl who had been a victim of sexual abuse. In her live, she actively supported women rights and fought against sexual abuse. Reeva was going to give a speech on the day of her death about domesstic voilence. But she would never know she became the victim on the day herself.