Do you know how to do 1920s shinny finger waves with a curling iron? Shinny finger waves nowadays are inspired by 1920 hairstyles, when bobbed hair with finger waves were very popular among celebrities such as Clara Bow, Marion Davies and Louise books who were the poineers of the shinny finger waves. Now this hairstyle gets more and more popular influenced by movies such “The great Gastby” and more and more celebties are spotted choosing the hairstyles for red carpet hairstyle.
In this article I will share with you the step by step tutorial on how to do the 1029s finger waves and 2 youtube video tutorials are also available below.
Before going deep, just see the following photos of celebrities taking with gorgous 1920s Shinny Finger Waves!
Diane Kruger rocks the finger waves
Kristen Stewart with 1920s Shinny Finger Waves
Lily Collins 1920s Shinny Finger Waves with modern feel
Lily Collins’s hairstylist Mara Roszak added modern feel to her shinny finger waves. How to create Lily Collin’s modern shinny finger waves? Her hairstyle revealed the following steps.
- Spritz sections of Collins’ hair with a heat protectant to build a solid foundation.
- Dampened the roots to impart an ultra-smooth texture
- Created a graphic side part
- Comb a touch of gel through the wet portion of hair.
- Clip a smooth S-shaped wave onto her forehead area to dry and set in place
- Add waves to the rest of Collins’ hair with a medium-barrel curling iron.
- Unclip the bangs and gently brushed out the bottom after the hair dried completely
- With long black bobby pins, create a slightly staggered look around the head, allowing the style to stay flat
- Add a modern accessory with exposed bobby pins
Rihanna 1920s Shinny Finger Waves
How to Do 1920s Shinny Finger Waves with a Curling Iron
- Begin with a lightweight leave-in conditioner or detangler
- Spritz the roots of the hair with a volumizing spray, and lightweight hairspray for dry hair
- Use a big round brush to dry your hair
- Apply smoothing serum to add sheen, just add to the ends would be ok
Do 1920s Shinny Finger Waves
- Section hair into 3 parts—the top part, the left part and the right part. The top part from your forehead to the back; the left part refers to the left side of your head; and the right part side of your head.”
- Apply your each sections with heat protectant hairspray, combing through.
- Use 1” to 1.25” barrel curling iron to curl your hair away. Make each curl rests horizontally on top of the head for the top section. Curl in ‘candlestick’ formation for the left and right parts so that each stands vertical and hugs the side of the head.”
- Pin each curl loosely and let it set and cool
- Brush out each curl to smooth hair to create natural curves. Use a comb and fingers to define the shape to create a natural ‘C’ shape.
- Pin the center of each ‘C’ shape and spritz with firm-hold hairspray. After hair has cooled, remove the clips.
- Gather hair into a low ponytail and pull it into a horizontal loop to create a loose chignon
- Use bobby pins to secure your finger waves.
- Re-pin at the center of all “C” shapes to further fix your hair and sleep on your back.
How to Do 1920s Shinny Finger Waves with a Curling Iron video tutorials
The 1920’s Silent Film Look – Faux Finger Wave Bob
Create a 1920’s style faux-finger wave bob style hairdo without cutting your hair. Includes tips on how to create a 20’s style makeup look that is a bit more wearable, though less authentic, than the actual silent film style of makeup
1920s-1930s Hair Tutorial for LONG HAIR
In this tutorial, you will learn to simulate short hair, for that 1920s -1930s look. You don’t need to cut your hair!