Meet Janay Palmer. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens star running back’s wife, is Janay Palmer, age 25. After being arrested and charged due to a physical altercation at an Atlantic City resort, the couple has been making headlines.
The following are eight facts about Janay Palmer:
1. This is not Palmer’s first brush with the law
In the August of 2010, Ray’s girlfriend pled guilty after being arrested for shoplifting. She was charged for stealing a dress worth less than one grand. The police report was taken a hold of by Media Take Out, who learned that Janay had to pay a fine of $400, and was also given probation for her crime. An “inside source” is also being cited by them, who claims that the dress that was shoplifted, for which she got busted for, was intended for hitting the clubs that evening.
This has not yet been corroborated. Either way, the fact that the girlfriend of a multi-million dollar athelete would have to steal anything seems quite ridiculous.
2. The daughter of Joseph and Danyette Palmer, Janay Ashley Palmer was born on 14th January 1988.
3. They met when they were 16
Meeting at the age of 16, they are also high school sweethearts. Palmer is from nearby Mount Vernon while Rice is from New Rochelle, New York.
4. The first date
The Cheese Cake Factory was where they had their 1st date, where Palmer says, “I was so nervous I didn’t even eat dinner. I just had a slice of cheesecake.”
5. Her graduation present
Towson University, Baltimore, is from where she graduated, majoring in Communications. Rice gifted her a new car and an engagement ring for graduation. She said at the time, “I almost passed out when he told me the car was mine. I’m just glad I decided to be nice that day instead of letting him get his own wallet.”
6. Their only daughter, Rayven, was born in February 2012, while they got married in March 2014.
7. Taylor, a basketball star at West Virginia University, is her sister who just graduated from college earlier this month.
CONGRATULATIONS TO MY SISTER!!! She’s a college grad and I can’t even believe these 4 years have gone by so fast! Not only was she an athlete, she was a student with a double major!! I’m soo proud of you!!! – Janay Palmer whote on her instagram
8. Her favorite athlete, according to her Facebook page, is Michael Oher.